Thursday 18 April 2013

New Revlon Lip Butters

When I found out a little while ago that Revlon had brought out 4 new lip butters, I begged some of my friends in the US and Canada to go hunting for them for me :P But they were always sold out and no one could find me any for weeks! One of my friends eventually found 3 of them for me and sent them over. The only colour that I didn't get was pink lemonade as I've seen swatches of it and it's really sheer so I didn't really want it... I actually also didn't really want Sorbet but I'm so happy that I got it as I really love it. I'm a little sad that I left it at my boyfriends house :(

So the ones that I did get are called Juicy Papaya, Sorbet and Wild Watermelon. I've been using them for a little bit and they're pretty much the same as the original ones. The only difference I've noticed is that Juicy Papaya is a little bit "firmer" than the other ones so I can apply it pretty hard onto my lips and it doesn't really smear or smoosh like the other ones do. It's also a little drier and not as moisturising.

Sorbet and Wild Watermelon have the same consistency and texture as the other lip butters (the non-glitter ones). They were really soft and smeared around the edges of the tube when I was applying them a little carelessly. I hope they come out in Australia as I'd definitely repurchase Sorbet when I run out :)

Left to Right: Juicy Papaya, Sorbet and
Wild Watermelon
Left to Right: Juicy Papaya, Sorbet and Wild Watermelon

Left to Right: Juicy Papaya, Sorbet and
Wild Watermelon
Juicy Papaya
Sorbet

Wild Watermelon

Will you be buying these or are you over lip butters now?

p.s. I know that my lip swatch photos never really look that great. I'm going to start aiming to do full face photos instead for future posts.

32 comments:

  1. These new ones look so nice! I really like Juicy Papaya :) Can't wait till they come here, although I still despise the price -.-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whenever Revlon brings out new lip products, Priceline always does a buy one get one free sale :P

      Delete
  2. Wild Watermelon looks really nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it :) It's a really nice pinky red that's so wearable!

      Delete
  3. I was looking at getting Juicy Papaya on ebay, but I managed to discourage myself, as I got my sister to buy me some YSL lippies before she quit her duty free job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not a huge fan of Juicy Papaya! It's just soooo sheer.

      Delete
  4. OMG I love these new ones! I love Wild Watermelon and Juicy Papaya. I was looking at these on eBay too...but I have way too many lipstick so I'm going to wait until October when I go to the US>

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely hold off buying it if you're going to the US anyway :) Ulta quite often does buy one get one half price on Revlon products and they're already about 1/3 of the price over there!

      Delete
  5. I have read so many bloggers did swatch of the Juicy Papaya, and I totally love with it ^^
    That looks pretty on you :)

    beautyfoodlife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) Juicy Papaya isn't my favourite unfortunately :(

      Delete
  6. Oooh all these shades look lovely. I'll definitely be searching for these on ebay when my next payday comes around haha! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're pretty overpriced on eBay right now as I believe they're still a little hard to find in the US.

      Delete
  7. Ohhh I see what you mean about Sorbet! So pigmented!
    The other colours look really pretty though!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE sorbet! I left it at my boyfriends house as I already carry like 6 lipsticks with me in my bag but I soooo regret it :( I want it back now haha

      Delete
  8. juicy papaya is my favourite - great swatches :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm loving juicy papaya for an everyday lip :)

      Delete
  9. They are gorgeous. I love wild watermelon :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am not over the lip butters yet although the smooshiness does get annoying towards the end of the lippy. I end up applying with a brush to avoid the mess. These colours aren't my typical shade either but they look so pretty on you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm dreading when I get to the end of one of these! I read on your blog about how you had to use a lip brush and I hate using them (hate cleaning extra things!).

      Delete
  11. I love wild watermelon!!! Can't wait till they get released here

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same! I think I'll pick up a backup Sorbet :P

      Delete
  12. These are all so gorgeous :) I do love me a lip butter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grab some when they come out here :) I love lip butters!

      Delete
  13. I hate to admite, I do not own any of the lip butters but these colours make me change my mind x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely try one! If you like bright colours, definitely go for Sorbet :)

      Delete
  14. Pretty colors! Btw when are u announcing the winner for your giveaway..
    Don't forget to chek out my international Giveaway to win Mac Stereo Rose!
    xx
    titiyangzom.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be doing that in about 2 days, I've had to postpone it as I'm swamped with uni assignments. Sorry for the delay!

      Delete
  15. Replies
    1. Yep it is! It's my favourite right now :)

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...