Sunday 23 September 2012

Concealer rave!

I used to be the sort of person who would be like "what's the need for more than one of each makeup type?" So I only ever had one foundation, one concealer, one blush etc. The only exception was lip products and I had dozens upon dozens of lip glosses and balms.

In the last couple of months though, I've changed my philosophy and now I have too much of everything. This time, the only exception is concealer. I only use the one concealer because nothing could be better than it!

The concealer that's now my Holy Grail is the Make Up For Ever Full Cover Concealer.


It was US$32 from Sephora for 0.5 oz which is roughly about 14mL. You can get it in Australia for $43 at mediamakeupstore.com

It does an amazing job in covering blemishes and you only need the smallest amount each time. My main skincare concern is pimples and acne as I often get breakouts in the middle of my forehead. I have a pimple party on my forehead right now so I took the opportunity to take before and after shots for this review.

Lots of red pimples and scarring! I'm makeup free. Ignore the
messy eyebrows :)
After a light application of Make Up For Ever Full Cover Concealer.

I'm makeup free in the first photo and you can see the red pimples and scarring that's on my forehead. The second photo is after I applied the concealer. I lightly tapped a little bit on with my fingers as I find that I get a more natural finish and use less product than if I use a brush. The redness has been eliminated. In person, it looks like my forehead is flawless but the camera managed to pick up a few bumps (they're the bigger pimples - gross I know).

There are 12 shades available and I used shade 8 (Beige). In comparison, for foundations, I use MAC NC25-30 or Punjab in NARS sheer glow.

20 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, that's amazing! I can see why it's your HG concealer. I might try it out one day...thanks for sharing x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem :)

      Now that I look back on the photos, they remind me of those proactive ads haha

      Delete
  2. Holy crap! You almost look air brushed! I agree with not needing many face makeup products. You only ever want your skin to look one way and that is flawless!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's why I love this stuff! I normally use it on its own without any foundation.

      The second photos is a bit brighter than the first but that was because I really wanted to show that the camera could still pick up some "bumps" on my forehead which you couldn't see at all in slightly dimmer lighting.

      Delete
  3. this concealer looks very good!!! I need to put it on my wishlist :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've read about this being a great concealer, def need too put it on my wish list:)

    Thanks for following my blog, now following you too:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wanted to do the review so I could show everyone how amazing it is! :)

      Delete
  5. Oh looks like a great product and covered your blemishes so well!!

    Love Emi

    http://emi-doll.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely a great product. One of the best things about it is that it's going to last forever as I don't use very much each time.

      Delete
  6. Oh my gosh. That def should be a HG :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nothing is going to knock it from HG status :)

      Delete
  7. That is amazing! :) It really gives you a nice coverage.
    Great review btw. I'm a new follower! You are awesome, Keep it up! :) Hoping You'll check and follow my blog too :)

    http://geekindapiink.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It gives a nice coverage even before foundation!

      Thanks for following. I'll check out your blog too :)

      Delete
  8. Wow, it's really great. I must try it :) I'm following you now :)

    http://anna-and-klaudia.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for following me. I'll check out your blog too :)

      Delete
  9. I've been haunting for the best concealer ever to hide my blemishes but none seems to pass my expectation. I am so going to check this out and I hope I can get my perfect shade for this one. Thanks so much for sharing this ^_~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's 12 shades so hopefully you will!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...