Tuesday 18 June 2013

10 Random Facts About Me :)

I've seen some tags like this but I didn't know who to reference/tag so I thought that I'd just go ahead and do a post with 10 random facts about me so that you could get to know me better :)

1. I was born in Australia but I believe that I lived in Shanghai for 2 years when I was really young (not 100% sure... I've pieced this together from stamps in my passport)

2. English is my third language but the only one that I'm fluent at. Apparently Cantonese was my first language but I moved to Shanghai when I was really young and forgot it after I learnt Shanghainese. When I moved back to Australia to start primary school, I obviously had to learn English.

3. I tend to default to American spelling as I used to read a lot of Babysitters Club books when I was young. When I edit my work, I'll generally change the words back to Australian spelling but some words like 'mom' look more correct when it's spelt American style.

4. My favourite day at work was the day that a customer returned to the store with some roses for me :) Not sure what I did to deserve them as she never said why she gave them to me but it's my favourite memory :)

Roses from a customer
5. If something is really hyped up, I want it. I don't care that I didn't want it before or that I know it won't suit me... I just want it. For example, I tried on a spotted jumper from Country Road (clothing store) and it didn't suit me but as soon as I found out that it was selling out country wide and everyone was trying to get their hands on it. I wanted it. I can't explain why I always feel like this.

6. I'm a really picky eater. I used to be vegetarian and I still eat mostly vegetarian but I'll eat some meat every now and then. I don't eat any seafood and anything that smells weird to me like lamb or bacon. I've never been a healthy eater and my food groups consist of bread, McDonalds fries, cheese pizza, coffee and coke/energy drinks. On a normal day, I'll have a coffee for breakfast (and maybe a yogurt or McDonalds cheese and egg McMuffin), McDonalds fries for lunch and (microwaved from frozen) cheese pizza for dinner. I'm addicted to frozen cheese pizzas and I just microwave them to make the cheese and base all soft and gooey.

7. I LOVE bright lipsticks. My favourite lipsticks are MAC Impassioned, Chatterbox and Riri Woo, Maybelline Vivid's in Vibrant Orange and OCC lip tar in Queen.

8. I could eat McDonalds for breakfast, lunch and dinner every single day. I eat it like 4 times a week right now (I'd eat it more if the food court wasn't so far away from work!) but my boyfriend has started to limit my McDonalds intake. He's the one who drives everywhere so he just refuses to take me. He also won't take me through the Krispy Kreme drive through :( Apparently it's for my own good as he's trying to make me healthier.

9. I can never apply mascara without smudging it on my eyelids or under my eye. I'm pretty good at it until I poke myself in the eye and blink...

10. My friends are mostly asian (I went to a selective girls high school where practically every girl was asian) and they're all tiny so I've always been the "tall one" in the group. It's always made me feel ginormous and obese as they're all size 6-8's and between 150-160cm. For reference, I'm 164cm and size 8-10 (my weight fluctuates 3kg depending on how healthy I've been :P).

I'd love for you to share one random fact about yourself :)

p.s. Don't forget to follow me on Bloglovin! It's super quick and easy to set up an account :)


Follow on Bloglovin

8 comments:

  1. Aw I love that story about the roses, that's so sweet! That's awesome that you lived in Shanghai for two years of your life, it's my dream to live overseas for a year or two. I am too addicted to frozen pizza, it's so addictive and delicious and takes like 10 minutes, perfect.

    http://talisbury.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha you made me laugh with all your talk about McDonalds. My boyfriend HATES McDonalds so everytime I have a craving he says no too! Luckily he works away sometime so I can sneak in some bad foods :P ILY CHEESEBURGERS

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so cool that you received roses from a customer - that must have made your week! :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great now I want some fries from McDonalds...

    ReplyDelete
  5. One lucky girl receiving those roses!
    Talk about Maccas and pizza, I can't possibly live without those.
    I love my junk food!

    http://herbeautydays.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are very alike in some aspects.. particularly the "must have it" complex and the unhealthy eating bahaha! :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. Omg I wish I could eat junk food like that! I want maccas now...

    ReplyDelete
  8. แจกโค้ด สล็อต เครดิตฟรี ล่าสุด ในยุคนี้ที่มีการแข่งขันในวงการ pg ออนไลน์อย่างแข็งขัน การรับโบนัสและเครดิตฟรีสามารถเป็นประโยชน์ให้กับผู้เล่นใหม่และผู้เล่นที่มีประสบการณ์อย่างเท่าเทียมกัน

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...