I'm a super duper nosey person and I love seeing what's in other people's bags. I think I spend way too much time on Youtube searching for "what's in my bag" videos. I did one of these posts last year but I've since changed bags and I carry a lot of different things now. Consider yourself warned, there's a lot of photos :) and please excuse the messy background...
I'm currently using a Mimco mini turnlock bag. I got this on sale for about $160 (reduced from about $425). My last bag (a Longchamp tote) lasted me for 2 years but the leather on this one is starting to crack and it's kind of getting really dirty now.
|Current day bag|
|Chanel Card holder|
|Side pocket 2|
|Makeup in side pocket 2|
- MAC brow pencil in Linger: I absolutely love this! I can't live without it :P
- Maybelline eyeliner
- MAC brow set in clear: If anyone knows of a cheaper dupe of this.. I'd love to know :)
- Benefit They're real mascara sample
- Australis eyeliner
- Bare Minerals primer sample: In case I run out of my normal primer
- Multi 2 ticket: I always keep a spare ticket handy so that I don't get caught out and have to wait in line to buy a ticket at the train station
I always have a MAC blot powder pressed compact as I use the mirror to do my makeup in the morning. I'm one of those people who do their makeup on the train and I know that I must annoy a lot of people but like... if it annoys you to see people doing makeup on the train, just look the other way! It's not like I'm eating a smelly fish curry or listening to music loudly... I'm perfectly avoidable :)
- Bare Minerals foundation sample
- Nivea lip butter
- Assortment of lip products and Liole bb cream samples
- Hair ties and lash cards since I'm hopeless at applying mascara properly :P
The mimco bag has a main compartment inside and it's FULL of makeup too :/ I seriously have a problem...
|Inside the Mimco bag|
I alos have my 3 concealers in this compartment. The Make Up For Ever Full Cover Concealer is my holy grail concealer and I use 2 different shades (7 and 8) depending on how tanned my skin is. I actually haven't used the other MUFE concealer but it's an under eye one that's apparently really good.
|Daily makeup essentials|
|Small makeup bag|
|Country Road Makeup Bag|
- Models Prefer lip pencil
- Tarte lipsurgence in elite
- 2 x Dior lipsticks
- 2 x Max Factor lip pencils
Bottom right hand photo:
This bag has the face products that I carry around.
- OCC lip tar in Queen
- Limecrime lipstick in Geradium
- MAC lipstick in RiRi Woo
- MAC lipstick in Chatterbox
- Chanel rouge coco shine in liberte
- Lancome eyeliner
And finally.... I have a YSL makeup bag (came free in a christmas makeup gift set from David Jones) which is also filled with (surprise, surprise) makeup.
|YSL makeup bag|
|Contents of YSL makeup bag|
- Dior BB cream (haven't tried it yet. Need to test it out at home to make sure that it doesn't turn orange on me!)
- Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation (a possible holy grail item)
- Lancome highlighter
- TheBalm Frat Boy blush
- NARS Deep Throat blush
- The Body Shop Lily Cole blush
And that's finally it :)
No I don't get a chance to use all the makeup and I have no idea why I carry it around with me everywhere for. I think I just want to feel prepared for any situation. My bag is ridiculously heavy and I have a feeling that I'll be culling more stuff soon (Update: I've culled about half of the makeup out of my bag!). I also realised that I forgot to take a photo of my keys :P My house keys are on a huge and obnoxious Tweety keychain :P
If you've done any what's in my bag posts before, please link them to me as I'd love to read them :)